This course is an introduction to thermal imaging for timber pest inspectors.
The program is a practical oriented with a focus on camera use. It is designed for people who have a thermal camera, as well as those who are looking seriously at purchasing a thermal camera.
If you already have a thermal camera, have done little or no training and wish to understand how to use your camera more effectively, then this program provides a simple pathway for you to improve both your thermal imaging knowledge and practical skills.
If you are serious about purchasing a thermal camera, this program will give you a practical understanding of what the camera can do. It will also help you understand the implications of different camera specifications. You will be able to then purchase a camera that meets your needs.
The course covers:
- The physics of infrared radiation
- How infrared radiation works in our environment and the practical implications
- Camera specifications and their practical meaning in using the camera
- Operating a thermal camera in a range of environments
- Obtaining the best thermal image for the job
- Interpreting a thermal image
This is an introductory program and does not provide a qualification or certification in thermal imaging or themography.
Duration: 2 days
CPD Points: 80